This year, I will be working with students as the school counselor. Although some of you have known me as an eighth grade teacher, my master's degree is in school counseling, and I was active in this capacity at other schools.
My goals as a counselor include the following:
- Provide short-term, individual counseling that supports students as they develop strategies for emotional, interpersonal, and academic challenges
- Facilitate small groups with topics related to friendship, social skills, and other shared experiences
- Collaborate with parents/guardians and teachers to help students succeed in school
- Connect families with outside services/resources, when needed
- Maintain confidentiality while also following the prescribed code of ethics and government regulations for school counselors
- LISTEN CAREFULLY AND WITHOUT JUDGMENT!
I will be at school on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 9:30 to 3:00.
Please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like me to meet with your child or if you have any questions.