MANDATORY SOCIAL DISTANCING
- This site must ensure that everyone keeps at least six feet away from coworkers and the public, when feasible.
- Other prevention measures are required such as use of barriers to block sneezes and coughs, and ventilation improvements when social distancing isn't feasible.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Personal protective equipment may be helpful when social distancing and other protective measures are infeasible or not effective.
- Face shields can prevent direct exposure to sneezes or coughs; they also provide protection from cleaning chemicals and disinfectants.
- Approved respirators such as N95s are not normally recommended, but may be appropriate where workers must remain in very close proximity to others.
- Loose-fitting face masks or cloth face covers (e.g., scarves and homemade masks) are required as a best practice measure to prevent the wearer from transmitting droplets from coughs and sneezes. The loose-fitting face masks or cloth face covers do not prevent inhalation of fine aerosols and are not protective in close proximity. Note: Phase 1 and 2 Religious and Faith Based Organizations COVID-19 Requirements (5-27-2020) require face coverings.
- Avoid touching the mouth, nose, eyes, and nearby surfaces when putting on, using, and removing PPE and masks.