MANDATORY SOCIAL DISTANCING
- This site must ensure that everyone keeps at least six feet away from coworkers and the public, when feasible.
- Other prevention measures are required such as use of barriers to block sneezes and coughs, and ventilation improvements when social distancing isn't feasible.
- Markings will be placed to establish social distancing.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Personal protective equipment may be helpful when social distancing and other protective measures are infeasible or not effective.
- Face shields can prevent direct exposure to sneezes or coughs; they also provide protection from cleaning chemicals and disinfectants.
- Approved respirators such as N95s are not normally recommended, but may be appropriate where workers must remain in very close proximity to others.
- Loose-fitting face masks or cloth face covers (e.g., scarves and homemade masks) are required as a best practice measure to prevent the wearer from transmitting droplets from coughs and sneezes. The loose-fitting face masks or cloth face covers do not prevent inhalation of fine aerosols and are not protective in close proximity. Note: Phase 1 and 2 Religious and Faith Based Organizations COVID-19 Requirements (5-27-2020) require face coverings.
- Avoid touching the mouth, nose, eyes, and nearby surfaces when putting on, using, and removing PPE and masks.