Financial assistance is available to families through the Fulcrum Foundation's Hossfeld Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) and the St. Francis of Assisi School in-house financial aid fund.
The 2018-2019 Fulcrum TAP application will be open October 1, 2017 to January 5, 2018. Please use this LINK to access the Fulcrum application or visit https://fulcrumfoundation.org/ for information.
Fulcrum Foundation's TAP program is offering needs-based scholarships of $1,200 per elementary student for the 2018-2019 school year. The Fulcrum Foundation partnered with FACTS to manage and process the TAP applications. All applicants must complete the online application and provide supporting documentation (i.e. tax forms and W-2's). Applications can only be verified and processed once all necessary documentation is uploaded and submitted -- please allow up to 14 business days for FACTS to process the information.
A few reminders regarding the Fulcrum TAP application:
- Families use one single application -- elementary and high school students at multiple schools are all included in one application.
- Each family will pay a $24.00 application fee to FACTS. The fee covers all applications for one year and will be fully reimbursed so long as your student(s), regardless of whether they are awarded a Fulcrum grant or not, enroll in a Catholic school for the 2018-2019 school year.
- All required financial documents (IRS tax documents and W-2's) must be uploaded to the application. This is a "paperless" application.
Who should apply?
- Families who have been awarded Fulcrum tuition assistance grants in the past & whose financial situation is relatively unchanged.
- Families who receive benefits through federal or state assistance programs or Medicaid.
Who should NOT apply?
- Families who have applied for Fulcrum tuition assistance in the past, but have never been awarded a grant, and their financial situation is relatively unchanged.
- The family size is 4 or fewer with a current total household income greater than $60,000, and they have no extraordinary financial circumstances (major medical expenses, loss or change of employment status, etc.).
- The current family total household income, no matter the family size, is greater than $125,000 and they have no extraordinary financial circumstances.
If, due to the criteria above, your family will not be applying to Fulcrum, and would still like to be considered for financial assistance through our St. Francis of Assisi in-house financial aid, please complete the St. Francis financial aid form and include all required documentation. The deadline for applications and all necessary documentation to be turned into the school office is March 1, 2018.